Friday 15 March 2013

16.03.13 - The end of the Backlog and Editing

And now, my dear readers, we are all up to date!  I've dug through the nooks of my hard drive and everything I upload here after is new content - I know: Please hold your applause!

Its exceptionally difficult to be honest about yourself online.  I don't care what anyone says about the freedom of self expression on the internet.  If I want anyone to read this shite I spout, I have to let them know its me writing it and where to find it.  I cant rip limb from limb the persons I might like to and expose some of the delights I encounter in my day to day life. Please don't misunderstand!  Anyone who has met me knows I have this "highly strung" side but what one can get away with when flapping their chops after a crummy day is no where near the same thing as committing them to the concrete of the internet.

If anything, the wonderful thing about giving myself time to edit is that I don't have to edit ANYTHING I say on the first pass.  I will put it away for editing later when I scrape myself off the ceiling!  Despite the contradiction, the time and space I give myself to edit my thoughts before I hang myself with them is a good thing.

When the next generation of human beings is released they should build in a "self edit" function; it would allow individuals to test run anything they're going to say before they actually try it!  Would be a bit of a cheat for stand up comedians though...

No comments:

Post a Comment