Friday 15 March 2013

Snow - 04.02.13

I've come to a point in my life where the light fluffy and powdery substance currently falling from the sky presents a less exciting prospect than it did. I don't even mean when I was a child.  I remember when unannounced snow closed my campus university and we did what any adults would do... Recommissioned our childhoods, made snow men, had snow ball fights, then grew up suddenly and drank a lot of alcohol. 

But being a grown up with all of its pit falls and grumblings means you're left staring at the sky and tutting when it snows.  Something about the weather has reminded me of childhood innocence that growing up just destroys. There is less magic in life.  Don't believe me? What about Christmas? That's far from exciting as a grown up:  Planning, shopping, the Christmas card list, table arrangements, where are we going to sit everyone?  

Don't get me wrong, there are massive plus points to being a grown up! Pay day, drinking, decision making, travelling, the list is massive... But don't pretend that there isn't a bit of you that feels nostalgic and doesn't want to make a snow angel… without wondering if you’re lying down in dog shit…

NB After reading...

Worth mentioning that I did eventually end up shaking off the shackles of adulthood... See below...


No comments:

Post a Comment