Friday 15 March 2013

Litter from my Brain - 22.02.13


I litter the lives of my loved ones and colleagues with the shit that plagues my brain. It's unfortunate for them but I have to confess that it makes me feel better just for the fact it isn't just me that's got to think about it anymore.

Example: one of my favourite films is Erin Brokovich. I've owned it on video (yes, cassette, you remember those!) and DVD. Today, this film popped up in my internal brain space and out of nowhere, it occurred to me that there is an inconsistency in the film. At the very beginning of the film, after a disastrous job interview (we've all been there) Erin is depicted smoking a cigarette. This image flooded my mind... As quickly as it arrived, from nowhere, my brain reminded me... For the rest of that film, she doesn't smoke one more cigarette.

If I knew where it came from, well, I guess it would help. But I don't. It happens to me a lot. 

When I returned to the office and shared this epiphany with my colleagues, their confused expressions and comments revealed to me "this is why people think I'm weird!" 

I've known for most of my life that I'm not what most people would call normal. When I was a teenager and I got called a queer, they didn't mean strange. But they did mean different. Of course they meant homo. I always attributed the reason people called me strange to my apparent sexual orientation, up until I came out. Then I stopped caring. But of late I've realised that it has nothing to do with being gay...

It's just because I come out with strange shit at random!

No comments:

Post a Comment