Friday 15 March 2013

Niggly - 26.11.13

NB Before Reading...

I thought when I started my blog that I had found everything that I needed to upload.  This little tit-bit was completely forgotten to me until I was going through my document folder and made me chuckle... Mostly because this is how I have felt most of this week.  Hope you enjoy =)


Individuality entails each and every one of us being different; it does exactly what it says on the tin.  We all have our individual likes and dislikes – Its part of what makes us human.  Our eccentricities are only natural and part of maturity is coming to terms with them and learning how to exist alongside others who don’t quite share you world vision and how to maximize tranquility.

Yeah, right!

At the grass roots truth of the matter, we are all dirty little fascists when it comes to the way we want our possessions and surroundings.  As a parent might chastise a child for being selfish when “that little boy used my crayons”, why do people get so touchy about sleeping on their own side of the bed?  How different is it, really?  All pedants: Stop it!  And I’m sure most of us would like to…  There is no real difference and we all know it.  No matter how old you are, find me an elder sister who will not be annoyed if her younger female sibling borrows a t-shirt… Go on – find me one!

And please, dear reader, do not pretend you aren't just like me!  When you know where you left something, return to that place after a period of time and discover it gone, don’t pretend to me that you do not see just the slightest tinge of red around the edges of your peripheral vision…

It might sound like a cop out, but I have a terrible memory and a hell of a lot of where I put things is so that I know where to look for it – Alphabetising CD’s, DVDs and books (by author) might seem anal to a lot of you, but if I want the movie “Finding Nemo” and its not in the “F” section, I know some bastard is trying to push me over the edge. 

It’s not just at home either; you walk into the shared office, knowing where something SHOULD live or the place where that file OUGHT to be kept, to discover “Cynthia” has left it open on her desk with all the papers from the file in a pile.  Yeah, right, none of you know what I mean?
It lives in the same school of “bug bears” as someone else using the last of the tea bags… What good, moral and sane human being would use the last tea bag and not replace it?  I've contemplated caving in the skull of just such a person with a tea canister before now for that very attack on my morning routine.

But sadly, such is life.  Not everyone arranges their DVD’s by title alphabetically as I do, nor do they arrange their cereals by bran content, like Sheldon… But we are all different.  A lot of what people become frustrated with is general lack of consideration, which speaks to me.  But everyone is important to themselves… I know “me” at ten o'clock last night wanted a cup of tea, but “me” in the morning doesn't respect my decision to use my last tea bag.  If a body matching my description is found with a tea canister buried in his left temple, you know who to look for; matches my description, with bright red eyes, often seen cuddled in corners with an empty cup, begging strangers for tea bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment