Sunday 16 November 2014

Letters to November 16.11.14

Dear November.

Apologies for the delay.  Once again, this attempt to write to you every day isn't going very well, but I am trying.  I hope you love a trier as much as God supposedly does.

Anyway, I've had a lovely weekend.  Yesterday, I went to see some friends that I haven’t seen in a while.  Whilst I was waiting for one of my connections at Deansgate, I took this.  I don’t know why - I've seen the Hilton building in Manchester many times - but yesterday it looked… I don’t know… New?  Like I’d never really seen it before. 

Waiting for trains and hopelessly hunting for toilets 15.11.14
Today, travelling back and housework have been the aims of the game.  The last load of tumble drying is… well… tumbling as I type.  I've got somechilled out music that reminds me of my childhood playing. 

And despite that and having had a good day, I'm feeling incredibly melancholic.  I'm acutely aware that it’s probably the time of year we’re coming towards – nothing personal, November, but after  last year, you’re a bit of a downer, whether I like it or not.  Then deciding to play music that reminds me of being a kid…  Maybe nostalgic is a better word for how I'm feeling than melancholic.  You know the word nostalgia really means homesick?

With that thought, I'm going to leave you with a song.


I'm sorry for missing writing to you yesterday, November.  I know we’re over halfway through the month so this is already coming towards its close, but writing to you so often… somehow, it gives me hope?  I don’t know if that makes much sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment