Tuesday 18 November 2014

Letters to November 18.11.14

Dear November,

Continuing the theme of the week as it seems to be, keeping balance is hard.  I've had a very productive day at work, but it’s left me listless and lethargic to doing anything else.  I cooked something for my dinner, crashed onto the sofa and that has pretty much been the end of my evening.  It’s hard to feel bad for enjoying some quality butt-on-sofa time. 

I don’t know if I have it in me to do my words for NaNoWriMo, but I feel like if I don’t try then I’m letting myself down.  Also, because of how behind I got last week, I'm never going to catch up if I don’t get on and do something. 

I have given myself quite a lot of excuses previously about my writing.  Now that I have the idea to work on, I feel ridiculous if I don’t try and get something done on it.  That’s the thing about inspiration.  It’s so fleeting, I feel like if I don’t keep with it whilst I have it…  I could turn on my laptop tomorrow and find the moment has gone and I really don’t know where to go with the story or how to develop it at all.  That scares me.

How wonderful to have fear as a good motivator.  I'm going to call this quits now, make a brew and get cracking on my piece.  You haven’t ask, November, but I'm at just short of 24,000 words now so, at this moment, I'm 6000 words behind schedule… 


Think I need to do something about that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment